Person Centered Dementia Experience
Time & Location
About the Event
“Do the people we support come to us to… A. Die B. “Live" out the rest of their lives…
This 8 hour experience will take you on a journey that will help you feel and understand the world of those living with dementia. Our job is to help people maintain a quality of life that aligns with who they are. We must start by understanding the world in which they live.
• Discover the world of dementia by understanding how people with dementia experience their world.
• Recognize that it matters how we connect with the people we support including clients, caregivers, families or other staff.
• Understand family caregivers so we can support them through their caregiving journey
• Explore the process of capturing information needed to develop a care plan that supports people with dementia and their families.
• Learn the Positive Approach to Care and Hand under Hand Philosophy that will enhance interaction and reduce negative responses.
Ticket includes Materials and 8 CEU BOSW
- Single Attendee$125$1250$0
- 2 + Attendees$100$1000$0
- Group 10-12 Attendees$800$8000$0