Fri, May 04|
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
Person Centered Dementia Experience
Hands on approach to providing Quality Care!
Time & Location
May 04, 2018, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, 3675 Arboretum Dr, Chaska, MN 55318, USA
About the Event
“Do the people we support come to us to… A. Die B. “Live" out the rest of their lives…
This 8 hour experience will take you on a journey that will help you feel and understand the world of those living with dementia. Our job is to help people maintain a quality of life that aligns with who they are. We must start by understanding the world in which they live.
• Discover the world of dementia by understanding how people with dementia experience their world.
• Recognize that it matters how we connect with the people we support including clients, caregivers, families or other staff.
• Understand family caregivers so we can support them through their caregiving journey
• Explore the process of capturing information needed to develop a care plan that supports people with dementia and their families.
• Learn the Positive Approach to Care and Hand under Hand Philosophy that will enhance interaction and reduce negative responses.
Ticket includes Materials and 8 CEU BOSW
2 + Attendees
Group 10-12 Attendees
Group Rate 10-12 Attendees