Thu, Sep 26|
421 E Hickory St
Mankato, MN Bridging the Gap between Person Centered Care and the Human Experience
This 8 hour experience will take you on a journey that will help you feel and understand the world of those living with dementia. Our job is to help people maintain a quality of life that aligns with who they are. We must start by understanding the world in which they live. 8:00 registration begins
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2019, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
421 E Hickory St, 421 E Hickory St, Mankato, MN 56001, USA
About the Event
• Discover the world of dementia by understanding how people with dementia experience their world.
• Recognize that it matters how we connect with the people we support including clients, caregivers, families or other staff.
• Understand family caregivers so we can support them through their caregiving journey
• Explore what makes life worth living, and the difference between what is important to me vs. important for me
• Learn the Positive Approach to Care and Hand under Hand Philosophy that will enhance interaction and reduce negative responses
Bridging the Gap
Registration starts at 8:00